Acoustics for tomorrow
Sustainability is a fundamental part of our core business model. Designing the sustainable acoustic building materials for tomorrow means producing environmentally friendly materials today. We aim to provide long-lasting functional solutions. In doing so, we help to build societies that support fully sustainable lifestyles.
What we do.
As a global design company, we want to influence and initiate sustainable design and safe living. Producing environmentally friendly acoustic products, we challenge consumption heavy norms and focus on long-term sustainable solutions. We do this by increasing awareness about good acoustic design and the health benefits associated with soundproofed designed environments. Good acoustics increase productivity, facilitate learning and reduce stress. To reach the goals we aim to achieve the following:
- The materials and products we create have a long lifetime.
- Our designs remain functional over time.
- We support and collaborate on projects that redefine boundaries within the building industry by developing environmentally friendly solutions.
- All employees at BAUX should be educated in basic acoustic knowledge.
- Advise and inform architects, interior designers, and other collaborators about benefits of acoustically designed environments.
Indoor Air – TVOC
VOC – Indoor Air Comfort GOLD
VOC – Indoor Air Comfort
Environmental product declaration
Endorsement of Forest Certification
The Health Product Declaration
Environmental Product Declaration
CE – For Safety, Health and environment
Sunda Hus Certification
We use natural, environmentally friendly materials that have a low impact on the environment. We evaluate all the materials we use in our acoustic products by using the following criteria:
- It should be possible to trace the material back to it’s source of origin.
- Recycled materials should have zero risk for dangerous content.
- Materials should have low VOC (Volatile organic compounds).
- It should be possible to recycle and/or reuse the material.
All our production methods are sustainable from both an environmental and social perspective. To ensure quality and sustainability in production processes and working environments, we commit to the following objectives:
- Fostering close collaboration and high transparency with partners and manufactures.
- High quality working conditions for factory employees.
- Using local materials wherever possible to minimize our environmental impact.
- Using certified materials or materials from suppliers with an environmental focus.
- We recycle or reuse at least 80% of the waste from our production processes.
- Maximizing the proximity to our customers and reducing our transportation footprint (manufacturing in USA and Sweden and planning to open in Asia).
Frequently asked questions.
Yes. The BAUX products contain three natural ingredients: wood wool, water and cement. We are also proud that Baux has been approved by Google in a Leed Green Gold project. All raw materials are collected close to the factory to minimize the environmental impact.
The spruce is collected close to the factory to minimise the environmental impact, further the used spruce is PEFC and FSC certified. In the production, the entire timber logs are used for production, and waste from other stages of production is all grounded down and reused for new products or used for heating of the factory.
Wood wool boards may be ground down and recycled (after magnets are removed and glue leftovers scraped off) and used as e.g. as ballast and filling material, moisture absorbent sprinkling, a substrate for running tracks etc.
For more information, feedback or questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org!