What is NRC?

 In

NRC stands for ‘Noise Reduction Coefficient’. It’s a rating system that explains how much sound an acoustic product can absorb. NRC ratings range from 0 to 1. An NRC rating of 0 means that the product absorbs no sound. An NRC rating of 1 means that the product absorbs all of the sounds. In other words the higher the NRC, the better the product is at soaking up the sound.

The thickness and density of a product are two factors in calculating an NRC value. An acoustic product with a .95 NRC rating means that 95% of the sound in the space is absorbed, while the other 5% is reflected. Want to learn more? – Contact us! 

Recent Posts
Contact Us

You can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt
SUBSCRIBE TO BAUX NEWS
ACOUSTIC NEWS