8.0 Commercial applications
Summary of chapter 8.0
WHAT YOU JUST READ
- Different types of spaces have different kinds of acoustic design goals.
- The acoustics in work spaces should be designed to support focus, productivity and collaboration.
- The acoustics in learning environments should be designed to reduce noise levels and increase listener and speaker comfort.
- The acoustics in healthcare environments should be designed to support healing and recovery.
- The acoustics in restaurants should be designed to support socialising and gastronomic pleasure.
Acoustic design should always be adapted to the specific use and function of a space and the unique needs of its inhabitants.