5.0 Benefits of acoustic design
Summary of chapter 5.0
WHAT YOU JUST READ
- Acoustic environments impact people on a physiological and psychological level.
- In healthcare spaces, well designed acoustics can help lower stress and promote healing.
- In work spaces, well designed acoustics can help reduce distractions and improve performance.
- In learning environments, well designed acoustics can help improve student engagement and information retention.
- In public spaces, well designed acoustics can help minimise aggressive behaviour and improve the intelligibility of public announcements.
The acoustic environment that surrounds us impacts our wellbeing and performance —whether we’re aware of it or not.