5.0 Benefits of acoustic design
5.1 Why should people care about their acoustic environment?
Whether we’re conscious of it or not, we are always listening to the environment around us. The sounds we take in impact us on a physiological and psychological level, and affect our ability to perform, interact and thrive. For this reason, designers should aim to create an acoustic environment that is as inhabitable as possible.
Top 8 benefits of acoustic treatment
- Facilitate greater speech clarity and higher quality interactions
- Improve speech privacy in shared spaces
- Increase safety and security through greater speech intelligibility and awareness of surroundings
- Boost the performance and productivity levels of occupants
- Maintain or increase the health and wellbeing of occupants
- Enhance learning and concentration through better listening
- Support the specific function of the space
- Create an aurally pleasing soundscape that enhances mood and aesthetics